Saturday, November 29, 2014

Finally the damned question... Why MBA?

I am finally realising the answer to this question, "Why MBA?"

Well, let me clarify by saying that I do not know what would have happened or what would happen, if I might not have joined this program and continued in my earlier work. The simple reason is that we all have choices to make and paths to travel. The choice is up to us. But once we take on a path, there is not returning back. The moment we choose one path, all the other paths change course, we cannot gain the same experience even if we trace our path back and choose another path.

From this point onwards everything is my belief, and as Prof. Joydip Mitra aptly puts it, everything we do is because we believe even if we might might mistake our belief as knowledge.

Well I believe I have come here to suffer and face the worst of the failures and the best of the successes. Yes its a bitter fact that each failure here pulls one to the rock bottom and each failure has the gravitational pull to suck in whatever slight traces of happiness one gets from his or her successes. But with the right attitude, one starts to accept failures and move on. The saying that "if something does not kill you, only makes you stronger" is best suited for the scenarios, day in and day out. I have failed miserably so many times in so many ways during the last...
...
...
5.5 months (it already feels like years, had to count and re-count). I can literally list down my failures (probably some other day in the best interest of your time). I have been frustrated to the extreme, angry that I have never been before. But every time I am learning a new lesson, adapting to the environment, to the situations and most importantly to the persons.

While I was in training at Trivandrum, one good friend gave me some glimpse of how he thinks. While at that time I had thought he was overthinking everything, but now as time goes by, I am realising that he could not have been more correct. Thanks to SD, his words are helping me now.

Why am I then sucking up to all these? Thats the more important question. Because I believe, that things are only going to get better as days pass by. There is no shortcut to success..., except for MBA. It prepones and concentrates the pain that you were supposed get over the years, and this makes you resistant.

I have learnt how not to give a ***k to few things or to few persons. Most importantly, I have learnt to identify those who are the most valuable persons in your life.

This is one of the reasons good enough according to me to go for an MBA, but I bet you cannot say these during an interview. Good news is that there are lot more convincing reasons to join this course, maybe some other night I will try to find out and pen down. Till then... keep asking YOURSELF... "Why MBA?" and let me know if you find any convincing answers.

No comments: